“These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith — of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire — may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed”1 Peter 1:7
We give thanks for God’s work in our ministry amidst much opposition. We often face many struggles in the place where we minister, which has made us love the Lord and his word more and more. Our only help comes from the Almighty. Our faith is growing in the midst of the storms and waves of life; we give thanks to God who always guards and protects his church.
Our church has been given the responsibility by the local middle school to teach the religion lessons for the students who are a part of our church [in Timor Leste, religion is a part of the school curriculum]. Praise the Lord, my wife Laura was able to go to the school in order to give the test for the children, as well. During this time, she also had the opportunity to share the Gospel with some Jehovah’s witnesses, and she explained to them the divinity of Christ based on the Bible. In our church we’ve been studying the book Who is a Christian?, as well as continuing our study of the 1689 London Baptist Confession. These two materials have been the basis for the students’ testing in middle school.
We’re thankful for the zeal that God has given us to share the Gospel, and to serve the church in Lospalos so that it continues to grow. Please pray for my evangelism the other day. There were two young people who I evangelized in Daudere. The woman in the photo [above], who I’ve ministered to before, invited her family to hear the Gospel. I pray the Lord Jesus works through the message of the Gospel. The women’s fellowship meets every Saturday afternoon. Even though many are limited in their ability to read the Bible, they have a great desire and they are faithful to hear God’s word. Please pray for my wife, Laura, who is serving them in the Bible study each week. Thank you so much! May the Lord bless our service to him!
Praise the Lord, also the other day there were seven people who were baptized in our church. We give thanks to all our co-laborers who have diligently prayed for the ministry here. I pray the Lord Jesus in glorified in these people’s lives.We always long for the church to fellowship together as the body of Christ.
Our weekly meetings are as follows:
- Tuesday and Thursday: youth fellowship @ 4 pm
- Wednesday: prayer meeting @ 5 pm
- Friday: preparations for Sunday worship @ 4 pm; men’s Bible study @ 6 pm
- Saturday: children’s Bible study @ 3 pm; women’s fellowship @ 4 pm; further preparations for Sunday worship @ 5 pm
- Sunday: children’s Sunday school @ 7 am; adult Sunday school @ 8 am; Sunday worship @ 9 am
- Monthly: church planting outreach in Laivai and Daudere, first and last week
Please pray for:
- Our church’s growth in the faith
- Pak Rahmat & Pak Alah’bi’s visit to Timor Leste
- The seven people who were recently baptized
- The church planting ministry in Laivai, Daudere, and Dili
- A Catholic person who was evangelized by Ibu Joanita
- The two young men who recently heard the Gospel in Daudere
“In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now”Philippians 1:4-5
Peace and Prayers from the whole Baptist church in Timor Leste,