HeartCry has taken measures on multiple levels to ensure the oversight of its ministry and its endurance in faithfulness. Our structure of accountability is two-fold: (1) our local church and a fellowship of sister churches; and (2) a board of directors.
Local Church Accountability
The HeartCry Missionary Society is under the oversight of the elders and congregation of Christ Church in Virginia. The church is also represented on the HeartCry Board of Directors by one of its elders. In addition to being under the oversight of our local church, we maintain an open-door policy with three sister churches in any and every aspect of administration and ministry.
Supporting Church Accountability
In addition to being under the oversight of our local church, we have also requested a number of supporting churches to assist in both the counsel and oversight of HeartCry. The principles by which these churches hold HeartCry accountable are as follows:
- HeartCry has entered into an agreement with these sister churches, recognizing that they have the right and responsibility to request any information or investigate any matter that would be relevant to the goal of accountability—doctrine, practice, ethics, finances, etc.
- HeartCry will be proactive in providing an annual financial report to the sister churches.
- HeartCry will be proactive in notifying the churches of any major changes in policy or doctrine or of any major decisions affecting the ministry—expansion into new fields of labor, major projects, etc.
- HeartCry recognizes that the churches have the right and responsibility to publicize any concern with HeartCry’s doctrine or ethics and to withdraw fellowship if the matter should remain unresolved.
Board of Directors
As a 501(c)(3) (or non-profit) organization, the HeartCry Missionary Society has a Board of Directors to aid in directing and monitoring its activities.
The board members are:
- Dr. Nathan Berry – Fairmont, West Virginia
- John Paul Houston – Floyd, Virginia
- Anthony Mathenia – Radford, Virginia
- John Snyder – New Albany, Mississippi
- Paul Washer – Radford, Virginia