The most important principles that govern HeartCry’s relationship with the indigenous churches and missionaries that we sponsor are set forth in the following statements:
- HeartCry will not work independently of the indigenous churches on the mission field or their leadership but will work in partnership with them. It is not HeartCry’s purpose to support its own “HeartCry missionaries” throughout the world, but to assist indigenous churches in sending forth their own missionaries and planting new churches.
- While HeartCry works in partnership with indigenous churches, their leaders, and their missionaries, it is our non-negotiable theological conviction that each local congregation is independent, autonomous, and directly accountable to and under the headship of Jesus Christ. Consequently, we are careful to respect, uphold, and affirm the autonomous nature of the churches with whom we partner. We do not view HeartCry as a supra-ecclesiastical authority; but as a society or fellowship of like-minded churches and individual believers, moved by the demands of the Great Commission and led by the Spirit of God to strengthen indigenous local churches and their ministers and to assist them in their participation in the Great Commission.
- HeartCry will join with the indigenous churches and their leadership in the selection of the missionaries. Our main concerns in the selection of missionaries are doctrine, godliness, calling, and zeal.
- HeartCry will provide indigenous churches with the funds necessary to support individual missionaries for a predetermined period of time. After such a time, the missionary’s life and work will be reevaluated. Support may be continued, increased, or decreased according to the need.
- HeartCry will work with indigenous churches and their elders to determine the monthly support for each missionary. The amount of support will be based upon the average income in each country.
- Accountability will be the primary priority after a missionary is commissioned. HeartCry will work in cooperation with the sending church and its elders to oversee the missionary on the field.
- HeartCry will seek to contribute to the continued theological and ministerial training of the missionaries it sponsors. This will be accomplished through such things as Bible conferences, literature distribution, and theological training by extension.