Paypal Giving Fund is a way to give without any fees 100% of your donation goes to the charity of your choice.
Paypal giving fund is different from using the standard PayPal donate option for the following reasons:
- Giving Assurance: PayPal works to ensure charities are in good standing and PayPal confirms the status of all participating charities, organizations and agencies.
- No Fees: All fees are absorbed by PayPal. When you donate to PayPal Giving Fund, all fees are paid by PayPal.
- Receive a tax receipt: After you donate you’ll get your PayPal Giving Fund tax receipt by email. Login any time to see all your PayPal Giving Fund donations.
- Anonymous donation option.
Essential facts every PayPal Giving Fund donor should know:
- 100% of the donations PayPal Giving Fund receives are granted to charities.
- Your donation will be made to PayPal Giving Fund, an IRS-registered 501(c)(3) public charity (Federal Tax ID: 45-0931286). PayPal Giving Fund is the charity of record and will provide the donation receipt for your gift.
- PayPal Giving Fund grants the funds to recommended charities. Typically, the charity you recommend will receive the funds after PayPal Giving Fund receives the donation.
- In very limited cases, when a recommended charity ceases to meet PayPal Giving Fund’s legal or other eligibility requirements after your donation is made, PayPal Giving Fund will grant the donated funds to a similar charity. This typically affects fewer than 1 in 1000 donations.
- PayPal Giving Fund retains ultimate discretion. Pending delivery to charities, donations are held in a non-interest bearing account.
Donations are made to PayPal Giving Fund and HeartCry Missionary Society will typically receive funds within 15-45 days.