I would like to begin by giving thanks for the grace of God that enables us to live as His sons and daughters. One day this month, God gave me a strong desire to go outside the house for a walk and to spend time with Him. It resulted in a very special experience for me. I am very thankful for God’s grace and the way He allows us to have a personal experience with Him even when we do not expect it.
At the beginning of April, we were still having church meetings and the Coronavirus 19 was only something that we heard about in the news. However, soon the virus began to spread here in Kosovo, and immediately the government shut down everything and everyone had to be quarantined. Sadly, my city of Malisheva has become one of the most affected places in Kosovo. The situation is stressful here and the number of infected people is rising every day. Over 500 people have the virus and over 15 are dead. We are only allowed to go outside for 90 minutes a day to buy groceries and medical supplies. Pray for the situation here and the people affected.
We are so thankful for the internet and the opportunity to use it during this time. We continued with our church service online via Zoom, and it has been a great blessing to be able to continue our meetings even during the quarantine. Sadly we could not continue the ministry with the neighborhood children, but we have been keeping them in our prayers.
During the quarantine, I have the opportunity to spend more time with my Muslim family members. I have had many conversations with my brother about Christians and Muslims. My mother usually gets very sad when she sees my brother and me debating about this matter. One day she decided to go outside of the house so that she would not have to listen to us. After I was done talking with my brother I went outside to talk to her. She was upset and told me how it makes her feel when she sees us debating about religion and that she does not like it all. My mother seems to be very afraid of death but when I talk to her alone she listens to me carefully. I explained to her why I talk with my brother and everyone about Jesus. I told her that if I did not share Christ with her and my brother, then on the day of Judgment they would blame me because I did not love them enough to tell them that salvation comes only through Jesus.
In the last report, I mentioned that we had a group from the Bible school that went with us to share the gospel in the parks and street and to distribute books that explain the gospel. I would like to ask you to continue to pray for those people who received the books that perhaps during the quarantine they might read them and know more about Jesus. Pray that God will use this time to bring people more to Jesus. Pray about the situation here and in the world.
- Pray that God will save many people from Malisheva who have heard the gospel from us and that the church of God would grow.
- Pray that we will obey God and grow to know Him better every day.
- Pray that God will bring more people to minister in the church.
- Pray for God’s glory to reign here above everything in our lives and in this city.
- Pray that God will use us more in this year 2020.
- Pray about the situation here during Covid 19
- Pray for my wife Tina. She is six weeks pregnant and we are so thankful to God for this beautiful gift. We are so excited and feel blessed that we are expecting a baby this November. I would like to request that you pray for her and the baby so that everything will go well during her pregnancy.