Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Greetings in the matchless Name of our Lord. I hope and pray that you all are doing well in the Lord. As I think and meditate about the works that have been carried so far, I can’t help myself but give all the glory and honor to our Lord who is the source of all things. It always astounds me and leaves me in awe to consider His immeasurable grace that has made a mere mortal sinful man like myself His son. I’m so blessed with the privilege to partake in the glorious work of His Kingdom. I marvel at the fact that this Sovereign Ruler would even be mindful of this creature, a worm, made of dust to be among the trophies of His grace.
With this, I would like to invite you all to celebrate our God for His great works in this part of the world over the past few months. To me, writing the report of God’s works is like erecting the stone of Ebenezer, declaring to His people and to my own soul, “Till now the Lord has helped us.”
The Church Covenanted
In my previous report, I have had a request to pray for our fellowship that we would covenant together as a church. The Lord in His kindness has granted the answer to the prayers of yours and ours. We have covenanted together as a church on 31st of October 2021. This is the day that is significant in Christian history and will also be significant for our congregation. Words will fail to express my appreciation to you all for your love shown towards us in your prayers and supports. Thank you.
Our First Baptism
On the day of covenanting and calling ourselves a local church, we baptized a brother. We were filled with joy in our hearts and praises on our lips to our Great Redeemer for adding His son to be part of His covenant family. The brother is faithfully following God, serving His church in every way possible. Please continue to pray that he will be faithful to the Lord and His people till his last breathe.
Needed Media System Provided
Our church was in great need of a system to edit our recorded sermons and make them available online as resources for every Christians. This is much needed as the place where we have very little or no access to good biblical resources, especially in our local language. So, we prayed and asked God to provide for our needs. And He answered our prayer through the support of HeartCry that we now have a very good system that will help us to produce biblical resources for our people without facing software or system crashes. We are very grateful to God for His answers to the cry of His people.
Women’s Training on Biblical Womanhood
In the past week, sisters at our congregation (and a few others from three different local churches) were trained by Sister Cindy on Biblical Womanhood. This is the first of a series of sessions which we are planning to conduct once a month, Lord willing. The first session of the training was helpful, challenging, and encouraging to our sisters. I believe God will use this training to equip our sisters well to be a model of biblical womanhood at home, church, and society. Please continue to pray for the training that God will be glorified through the individual fruits in the life of each sister.
Other Prayer Requests
- Please pray for our Church, that we as a body of Christ will be deliberate in striving to maintain the unity of Spirit in the bond of peace. That together as a church we will live a Gospel-centred life, and by our pure conduct and growth in holiness, we will rightly represent God in His holiness before the watching world.
- We have been trying to reach out to some families who are non-Christians but have not got the chance of doing so. So, please pray that God will open doors for outreach and evangelism for our church to these families and others.
- We have had some non-Christians who used to attend our fellowship, but now have stopped attending and sadly we have lost the point of contact. Would you please join us in our prayers that God would bring them back to us and that He will bring them to the light of the redeeming work of our Lord Jesus Christ?
- Please pray for the churches in my country. The level of persecution has been rising for the past few months, especially in the northern and southern parts. Please remember our Christian brothers and sisters in your prayer that they are faithful till the end, for deliverance and perseverance. And for the persecutors that God would grant them repentance and faith unto salvation.
- Please pray for me that I will be faithful in the work of God’s kingdom and that I will serve God and His people in love and firmness.
- Please pray that God will raise faithful men for the work of the Gospel who will work tirelessly and scripturally. Men who will valiantly carry the banner of Christ and Him crucified with blood and sweat.
- With the previous point in view, our church wants to equip men for biblical ministry and church planting. Please pray that God, according to His will would grant us clarity, opportunity, wisdom, resources, and all that will be required in equipping men for the work of the Christian Ministry.
And whenever the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to Him who is seated on the throne, who lives forever and ever, the twenty-four elders fall down before Him who is seated on the throne and worship Him who lives forever and ever. They cast their crowns before the throne, saying, “Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created.”
– Rev. 4:9-11
Soli Deo Gloria.