Alex Palade so endeavors to do the work of an evangelist, that he could easy wear the title. The following are some of his recent encounters with people on the streets and in the universities of Brasov:
- I participated in an evangelistic outreach with the brothers from Providenta Church of Brasov. Sorin preached the Gospel publicly and then I talked to Ms. Ilonca. I shared the Gospel with her and it was difficult for her to understand that she was going to hell. She believed she was better than other people. In the end, she understood she wasn’t honest with God.
- Then I approached Tony (16), a Rroma young man. He had never read the Bible and he enjoyed living in sin. He became serious when he heard what God said about sin and judgment and he understood he was going to hell. I shared the Gospel with him and he thanked me for that, but refused to come to church.
- I also talked to two men and a woman. They were about to leave, but I asked them if they ever wondered how God saw them and they said ‘no’. They understood they were going to hell. One of them asked me how he could know for sure if he was saved. I answered his question and kept sharing the Gospel with them. The woman believed she could get to God by praying, fasting and by good works. In the end, they told me they were attending a Pentecostal church. That was a shock for me!!! They actually didn’t know Christ. There are many people in the evangelical churches who are not born again and I noticed that God is seeking them. From my experience, I can tell you that these people, when they hear the truth of the Gospel, they respond to God’s calling.
- Paolo from Ploiesti and I went to Targoviste, where we met with several sisters to share the Gospel on the campus. There I met Alin, who believed in God, but didn’t want to give up life’s pleasures. He said he wanted to be a balanced man, and not a monk. He didn’t have a solution to his sins. I shared the Gospel with him, but he didn’t want to turn to God, even if he understood that he was going to hell.
- Then I saw a young man and I felt I had to share the Gospel with him. I asked Paolo to run and stop that young man, whose name was Robert. When Paolo started sharing the Gospel with him, Robert said, “It’s not a coincidence that we met. I am seeking God. My father has started reading the Bible a few years ago, though he is attending the Orthodox church, so I also started reading it. Robert came to our evangelistic meeting, where I preached. As we were driving towards the place where we had the meeting, I shared my personal testimony with Robert and the Gospel too. He understood he was going to hell. He also admitted he was living in sin with a girl. In the end, I prayed for him. Please pray that the Lord would save Robert.
- Then I met Daniel, Vlad and Madalin. Daniel didn’t believe in church and priests and he criticized the hypocrites who attend the church. Vlad was angry against God for taking his mother away from him when he was 12. He refused the New Testament that we wanted to give him. Only Daniel accepted the New Testament. God gave them the grace to hear the Gospel message and to find out that they are sinners and going to hell. I was glad to be able to testify about Christ and His sacrifice to these young people, who are so lost and without a purpose in this life. I saw so much arrogance and unbelief in them. May the Lord have mercy on them!
Don is serving as the HeartCry Coordinator for Eastern Europe. As an itinerant evangelist, his pulpit ministry is directed toward preaching on the inner life of the believer and the spiritual need of the lost. With HeartCry, his ministry includes organizing Bible conferences and corresponding with the HeartCry missionaries in Europe. He and his lovely wife Cindy live in Tuscumbia, AL.More By Don Currin