- Please pray for Pastor Malamulo Chindongo in Malawi. The church he pastors in Blantyre, Antioch Baptist Church, has recently seen significant growth (praise the Lord!), and this has highlighted their need for more elders, as Mala is currently the only one. Please ask the Lord to raise up godly men within their church body who are capable (by God’s grace) to help lead and nurture the flock there. In the meantime, pray that the Lord would supply Mala and his family (wife Rachel and baby daughter Amelie) with an abundance of His strength during this time.
- Unfortunately, the church discipline case mentioned in a previous post has resulted in excommunication. The man in question has been enduringly unrepentant; his membership in the church in Oyugis, Kenya, therefore, has been revoked. Please pray that God would use this situation to show the man the seriousness of his sin. Pray also for the church and for Pastor Sam Odeny, that they might be strengthened even in this trial.
- Please pray for a group of zealous believers in Nakuru, the fourth-largest city in Kenya. They recently came into contact with several HeartCry-supported men on the field, including Sam Oluoch and Naphtally Ogallo. Sam and Naptally and others visited the ten or so believers and were very encouraged and excited to help them in whatever way the Lord would lead. The group intends to begin meeting as a church starting in June. Pray that the Lord would grant wisdom to Sam and Naphtally in determining the best way to help these brothers and sisters. Pray that this new church plant would grow and flourish spiritually and numerically, that God’s Name might be glorified in Nakuru!
- Pastor Brian Mutale in Monze, Zambia, has asked for prayer concerning three deaf persons who have been attending Monze Reformed Baptist Church. There is currently no one in the church who is adept with sign language, so communication with these men has been difficult thus far. Pray that the Gospel and sound teaching might be regularly and understandably communicated to these men. Pray that some of the members might be able to learn sign language, that there might be greater ministry to the deaf people who live in Monze.
- Please pray for new HeartCry missionary Mario Maneville in Bellville, Cape Town, South Africa. He and his family recently moved so that they might be closer to their local church and area of ministry. Mario also recently quit his job so that he could devote himself full-time to the work of the advancement of God’s Kingdom. Pray that Mario and his family might be strengthened in this time of transition and that the Lord would use them mightily in the proclamation of His Gospel in South Africa!