Our Bible distribution is limited almost entirely to believers
Many Christians in the foreign field do not own a Bible. We have known of congregations with only one Bible, where the pastor was required to ask permission from the church in order to carry the Bible with him during missionary journeys to other villages. Our strategy for Bible distribution is as follows:
- We purchase Bibles in bulk rate in order to lower the cost.
- We purchase Bibles inside the country of distribution in order to avoid problems with shipping and customs.
- We purchase hardback Bibles with pages that are glued and sewn together. Paper back Bibles with glued pages are cheaper, but will not last.
- Our Bibles contain both the Old and New Testaments, and a concordance, the only study tool that many believers will ever own.
- We sell our Bibles at a discount rate rather than giving them away for free. We take great pains to insure that no genuine believer leaves without a Bible, but we do require that something of value be given. We have given Scripture in return for chickens, fish, coffee beans, etc. By purchasing the Bible instead of receiving it as charity, the believer’s personal dignity and sense of responsibility remain intact. The believer’s offering is used to purchase more Bibles for other believers.